Friday, August 19, 2011

"FIRSTS"

     It's August and full of new beginnings and firsts for many moms and dads out there. The first day of Kindergarten or the first day of college. I find myself wandering back in my mind to some of our firsts and can feel exactly what these moms are feeling now! Some are shedding tears of joy and sorrow, and others are jumping for JOY!!! I've had my share of both....in fact I still shed those tears of joy when my kids come home for a visit and there are tears of sadness when they leave. I have wondered if they would be a little disappointed if I didn't shed those tears as they drove away and back to their lives? but as I enter my quiet house I sit and enjoy the peace that I have come to accept as home for about 5 minutes, then I start plotting to bless them with a visit from mom!!!!  Nope they can't get rid of me that easily......
     One day they will understand .... in fact my daughter and I were visiting this morning for awhile and she was telling me they had big winds and thunderstorms last night and they were sitting on the couch with the baby upstairs and heard the wind come up. She got up thinking "oh...we need, formula, diapers, diaper bag...etc and possibly the baby from upstairs? I need jeans and socks and shoes" ....and then all of a sudden it dawned on her!!!!
         (Yes we all have that moment) 
      I'VE TURNED INTO MY MOM!!!!!
Oh did she make my day.....so to all the moms out there that are having those "firsts" it's okay to shed those tears, soak up those hugs, smiles and many sticky kisses because they will soon be gone and THEN they will have the day that they have that "MOM or DAD" moment and we can all laugh together!!!  
Have a blessed day!!!   Merv

No comments:

Post a Comment